V2 Mens Triathlon Wetsuit
Designed to be the benchmark in mid range triathlon wetsuits, the Volare V2 is feature packed. Specifications include high-end wetsuit features such as, YKK Breakaway Zipper for faster transition, 100% Yamamoto neoprene, SCS coating for reduced drag. Adjustability in the arms and legs, thanks to taped seams, which allow athletes to customise length if required.
- Best in class value
- 100% Yamamoto Neoprene #38 & #39
- YKK Breakaway Zipper for faster transitions
- Underarm swim panels, providing increased range of motion
- Transition leg panels for rapid suit removal
- Adjustable: Leg and arm can be cut to length
Feel for water is paramount and our 1.5mm arm panels literally feel like a second skin. This thinner panel provides increased feel for the water. Reducing the buoyancy in your arms also results in less arm fatigue, as you’re not fighting the inherent buoyancy of a thicker neoprene during your swim stroke.
We have eliminated that “claustrophobic” feeling found in most wetsuits, by developing a low cut neckline that is both comfortable and watertight. Testing of competitor products established that unfinished or raw edge necklines, while comfortable did not provide the longevity expected for triathletes. We opted for using an ultra thin 1.5mm Yamamoto #40, which offers the perfect blend of flexibility and longevity.
Fast swimming counts for nothing if you’re stuck in T1. The addition of a 2mm panel inserted into the lower leg, dramatically improves transition speed.
While we design wetsuits for a wide range of body types and activities, we also understand that sometimes things need to be adjusted and hey if we were all the same life would be no fun. We incorporated heat seal seams in both the arms and legs, allowing for up to 6cm of individual adjustment. The heat sealed seams allows for a clean cut and customisation of your suit.
- Yamamoto has been the worlds leading manufacturer of neoprene since 1961. Yamamoto neoprene is derived from limestone, unlike most neoprenes that are petroleum based. The resulting cell structure absorbs dramatically less water, offers superior insulation and unparalleled mobility in the swim stroke. However when it comes to speed the SCS coating process offers an astoundingly low drag coefficient of 0.021 and clearly less friction equals faster swim times.
- Volare wetsuits are entirely constructed from Yamamoto rubber as we will not compromise on quality.
- The V2 suit uses a variety of Yamamoto materials, including #38 and #39. We also use a range of thickness from 1.5 to 5mm.
- For faster transitions the V2 features a YKK Breakaway Zipper.